What's in the studio?
16-channel mixer, 2 main speakers, 3 mics/stands, 4 XLRs + 1 instrument cable
Aux cable + iPhone adapter for track playback
Vox AC15 guitar combo amp + Fender Blues Deluxe guitar combo amp
TC Electronics BQ 500W bass head + 1x15 cab
Pearl Export 4-piece drum set + Sabian B8 cymbals
Williams 88-key keyboard
Spare gear cabinet
mini fridge with water
phone mount for recording/filming performances
AC & heater
In the building:
How far in advance do I need to book a studio?
You can book a studio online as soon as 24 hours before your rehearsal date. Contact us for same day bookings, as they're dependent on our availability. Existing reservations will be displayed on the calendar as unavailable times.
What should I bring with me?
First & foremost, make sure you have access to the check-in instructions in your booking email, and studio passcode text message (sent the day of your rehearsal) on-hand before you head to Little Giant.
Singers can bring their own mic if preferred (3 mics/stands are provided). Guitarists/Bassists will need instruments & pedalboards. Keyboardists can bring their own board if they'd like (1 keyboard is provided). Drummers will need sticks & any preferred breakables (4-piece kit, cymbals, snare & pedal are provided). DJs, bring cables for whatever inputs you need (1/4" or XLR).
Where are you?
Little Giant is located 5 minutes north of downtown Pittsburgh, PA in the Mckees Rocks neighborhood - right around the corner from the Roxian Theatre, Hawthorne Drum Shop & Hollowood Music! Building & room access instructions will be sent to you after you've made your reservation.
How do I get to the studio?
Both the building & studio use passcodes for access. Check-in instructions will be sent to your email at booking. The studio passcode will be texted to you on the day of your rehearsal.
How many people can fit in a studio?
Room #601 can fit six or more people comfortably.
How do I enter my code into the lock?
Your passcode will be texted to you on the day of your rehearsal. Type that code into the lock and press the unlock button. Bring the lock inside the studio with you until you're done, and lock the room before you leave. Please note: This passcode ONLY works during the time window of your reservation. Please account for load-in/load-out and do so within your reservation time. Additionally, 5 wrong passcode attempts will initiate a lockout.
If you can't get into your room, need to extend your reservation, or have other lock-related problems, please text or call us. Do not leave Little Giant without locking the room.
What if I can't make it?
Contact us at least 24 hrs before your reservation if you need to change the time or date - that's free! For cancellations less than 24 hrs before your reservation, we can't offer a refund (excluding inclement weather - approved on a case-by-case basis).
What's the minimum age for booking a studio?
Can I leave my gear in the studio?
No. We provide backline so you only need minimal gear for each rehearsal. Furthermore, we are not liable for any gear or personal belongings that are left behind in the room. The only potential exception is if you are booking consecutive daily rehearsals or auditions. Contact us for those.
Are your studios pet-friendly?
No. Unfortunately, we do not allow pets of any kind on-site, so please leave your furry friends at home. We do welcome guide dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs.
We trust you to follow these simple rules to help Little Giant maintain a safe & creative environment. By booking with us, you agree to the following...
- Only bring people to the studio that you'd invite to your home. You take full responsibility for the room, its contents and the people you allow in during your booking.
- Little Giant is a smoke-free venue. No smoking or vaping anywhere inside the studios. We'll charge you if anyone in your session breaks this rule. This charge increases if a fire alarm is activated. Smoking must be done out front of the building.
- Close the doors. Keep doors closed to reduce sound bleed and respect other creatives in the studios.
- Little Giant has a zero-tolerance drugs policy. Anyone found to be using drugs, or illegal substances will be banned. Cameras are monitored 24/7.
- Keep a dry zone around the equipment. Drinks and equipment don't mix. If there are any spills, clean them up right away. Paper towels & cleaning products can be found in the studio.
- Turn everything off. Remember to turn off all equipment, AC, heater & lights before you leave. Climate change is real y'all.
- Be considerate. At the end of your session, place all trash in the bin provided inside the room (food must be thrown away outside), reset the studio equipment & lock the door. When leaving the studio in the evening, please respect our neighbors by staying quiet.
- Report any issues ASAP. If anything breaks during your session, please let us know via text/call immediately. Extra charges may be added if you don't at least attempt to contact us.